Review - E.L.F Complexion Perfection Powder

The ELF Complexion Perfection powder is one of those products that everyone is like, "What the heck is this" and passes over. While it isn't a HG material for me, it's something that I think deserves some attention and is worth the £3.50.


Packaging: Very NARS-esque, except it's not matte. Quite sturdy, with a very big nice mirror that I use even when I'm not using the powder.

Purpose: Probably everyone's biggest question! It's meant to be an all-over translucent facepowder that neutralizes your skintone. The green counteracts redness, the red & yellow any blues under the eyes and blue for any yellows and oranges. It can also be used in specific areas e.g. just putting the green on red areas. I'ts also an oil-absorbing powder, and works very well with kabuki brushes and powder brushes.

Formula: It's really finely milled and very smooth and nice on the skin. It really does do well absorbing oil, and I like it on the go for that. It does neutralize your skin but it doesn't have coverage.

There are 2 big issues with this powder. Firstly, it's horrible for photography and you turn white. Secondly, it's not completely translucent and will lighten your skin a little bit - but not to the level that others may notice. Might not be the case for those with paler skin, as I'm NC30-35 :) Any darker skinned people may have issues with this though!

This is just a swatch - obviously wont turn out stark white when you have a thin layer on your face :P
Price: £3.50 from ELF Cosmetics.

All in all, I think it's well worth the money, it's incredibly useful, and an all around good product. It's just not.. perfect. But what do you expect for £3.50 :P Also good cuz you don't need to colour match, unless you are medium-dark or darker - not sure it would work due to it not actually being translucent. And obviously very good for just an average non-photography day touch-up :)

<3yu

Comments

  1. Great review, I wasn't sure what it did/where to put each colour either! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to try this! Lovely review xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got this on my wishlist! Soo many things I want from there right now aargh

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will give this a try, thanks :) It's not expensive aswell

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this product! It's amazing for a everyday day to day office look. I always get compliments when I have it on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will def be picking one of these up the next time i do an e.l.f shop :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. im pretty pale, maybe ill give this a try :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have always looked at this on the site, I think I will try it. I pay a lot more money for things that have pros/cons so at $3USD, I won't complain :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the review! I've looked at these but never thought to try them ^_^

    Kisses, Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great review! I see this every time I do an order, but was never sure how to use it. I might give it a try next order, I'm so pale I doubt it could make me look more ghostly :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also have it and really think it's worth the $3 -or your 3.5 pounds. I like how translucent it is. Though I have an pretty oily tzone and I don't think it holds up the matteness for that long. I need to keep reapplying it, which I don't mind for the price :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow you do love this product!! ;) I think it would work great if you had a foundation that's a bit too dark for you, you would apply the powder on top and it would make the foundation lighter! ;) x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts