HG Deodorant - BodyShop DeoDry

I don't know if HG is reserved for make-up or whatever, but if they do apply to, say, deodorants, the BodyShop DeoDry is definitely my HG deodorant.

Price: £2.50 for case + 1 refill; £2 per refill, available from The Body Shop

Smell: Mine is in Fresh & Floral which is really fresh and unoffensive. There is also Cool & Zesty (green) and Chilled & Breezy (blue).

Packaging: This one is the roll-on with which you can buy the refills, but they also have sticks, which you can't buy refills for.The roll-ons are incredibly effective, as in you use every last drop - nothing goes to waste here! Also small enough to pop in handbag :)

Formula: The selling point is that it doesn't contain aluminum salts, which means they don't give you those horrible white stains. These roll-on ones are quite liquid-y, and don't dry incredibly fast but it's not a problem anyway because it doesn't dry white. It also doesn't stink up the room whenever you use it, or mix in with your perfume which I really like.

Lasting Power: I've worn this in 40 degrees celcius in midsummer Japan, and I think the most I re-applied was twice, and this is whilst taking care of 20 hyperactive children in one room. So yes, I'd say it's quite good, but maybe not always the 24hr that they claim. On a day to day basis I don't really need to reapply, unless I do break sweat rushing somewhere/wearing too many layers, in which case a second time will do the trick for the day.

Overall: 5/5 - no complaints. I love the environmental aspect, the smell, the non-whiteness, subtlety and the lasting power. I'm on my second cartridge and I don't often like something enough to rebuy, but I don't see why I wouldn't rebuy this one again!

May be your perfect addition to prepare for the warmth :)

<3yu

Comments

  1. looks promising, do you know where can I find online shop that sells this item?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of this product. sounds interesting. Going to try this out :) thank for the heads up!

    Im also hosting a giveaway, take part if your interested
    http://cottonsspace.blogspot.com/2011/02/50-follower-appreciation-giveaway-part.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo I have this toooo. The refill idea is SO good - wish they did it for their reed diffusers as well and other items because it's so much better for the environment and obv saves us a few pennies. Good review :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ginger_Coquine - What what, is there no BodyShop in Canada? :S

    @Hye Rin - On the Bodyshop website love, it's linked in the post with the price :)

    @Cotton - No probs love, it really is worth the £2.50 :)

    @Rachel - Do you have the pink one too? :) Hahaha yeah, I always think BodyShop is a bit overpriced (for good reasons, but nonetheless pricier) but the deodorant seems to be in par with other deodorants out there :) Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats so cheap!
    Everything in the BodyShop I think is just ridiculusly expensive haha.
    Might have to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The body shop rocks!!

    http://ladyonaroof.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Emma - Haha yeah it's partly because they do fair trade and don't test on animals :) But yeah this deo isn't that different from other deos in terms of price it's well worth it! :)

    @Senorita - Haha yeah it does :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for this review! I've been wanting some of these deos because they are not harmful for your body but I was afraid they would be bad |:

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts