Review Series: Primers #2


Illamasqua Matte Veil (£30 - link here)
This is a sample tube of the eagerly awaited Matte Veil, and it's a liquid consistency primer that promises a matte finish. First thing I noticed was that it smells so sweet and so heavy, that I honestly don't know if I'd survive a whole tub. The second thing I noticed was that it really didn't do much for me at all - no matte-ness, no particularly long-lasting effects. Sooo.. that's about it really!

No7 Brilliantly Bare Beauty Enhancer (£12.50 - link here)
If there's something lacking in the drugstore aisles, it's a good primer - but I think this is a good contender. It's your typical silicone-based primer texture, and while No7 market it as something you can wear on its own in addition to a primer, the latter is my preferred option. On its own, yes, it smoothes out minor imperfections but for someone who needs coverage like myself, layering on foundation on top will give you a smooth finish and a longer-lasting base, with not too much difference in the actual finish of your foundation.

DHC Clarifying Pore Cover Base (£15 - link here)
The DHC Clarifying Pore Cover Base puts all other mattifying primers to shame - this stuff is like, MATTE, like nothing else. Again, a typical silicone-based primer texture, this is one to try for those oily skinned gals who feel like no other primer is really ever mattifying. For me, this is strictly a t-zone product because on my cheeks, my flaky dry skin will show. Although slightly obnoxious in packaging with a stupidly narrow spout, this will be a godsend for the coming summer months.

Miracle Skin Transformer SPF 20 Face (£38 - link here)
If No7 wanted to make something we could wear on its own, it should've come up with this Miracle Skin Transformer. Again, this has a silicone-based texture BUT is heavily pigmented with several shades of skintones. Mine is Tan, and matches well with my NC30ish skintone. I find that they all lean a bit pinker, but it's really only noticeable to the decidedly anal of us.. i.e me. This covers minor  imperfections and smoothes out your skin, as well as mattify it. Sometimes I put foundation over it for the flawless, full-coverage look, but on a good to okay skin day, this will do the job itself. Quite a handy product to have!

Bioderma Sebium Pore Refiner (£14.80 - link here)
To both start and end on a mediocre note, I didn't see any effects on this Bioderma offering. Perhaps I need to persevere with it a bit further, but unfortunately I haven't seen the results many others seem to see. Again, a liquid formula, I suppose it as a barrier between my bare skin and foundation - but as to effects? I'll let you know if/when anything changes.

Click here to see Part 1 of the Review Series for primers :)

Yu

Comments

Popular Posts