bareMinerals READY Blush in The Aphrodisiac




Left Column: MAC Style, NARS Orgasm
Middle Column: Benefit Coralista, Benefit Bella Bamba, bareMinerals The Aphrodisiac, NARS Torrid
Right Column: Tarte Blissful


Although I've been out of the beauty loop for a while, I feel like the bareMinerals READY Foundation didn't live up to the reputation of their loose powder sisters. Personally, I wasn't convinced either. However, surprisingly enough, my experience with their READY Blush in The Aphrodisiac has been completely different.

Packaging
The packaging is exactly like the foundation and I find it a bit too bulky for a blush. I understand that the READY line is for on-the-go and so the brush was appropriate, but the whole thing could've done with being a little less fat.

Shade
The shade is gorgeous, and is a pretty pink-based coral with a very subtle sheen and minute gold shimmers. The comparison above isn't great, but here's the gist:

Benefit Coralista: Nowhere near. Coralista is much paler and much frostier, and is peacher in tone.
Benefit Bella Bamba: Bella Bamba pulls more fuschia next to this, and again is much frostier with a silver frost rather than gold.
MAC Style: Much lighter, and much more peach with a strong gold frost.
NARS Orgasm: Slightly similar in tone, but Orgasm is perhaps slightly peachier. Orgasm also has more of the gold running through it.
NARS Torrid: Extremely similar in finish, with the satin touch and subtle gold shimmers, but Torrid pulls more red/orange.
Tarte Blissful: Blissful has no shimmer whatsoever, but the underlying colour is also much brighter and has a stronger pink vibe to its coral undertone.

Overall, I found it pulled quite warm on my NC30 skintone. I also loved the finish because it created some dimension to your skin ever so slightly with its sheen, but was never overpowering with too much shimmer. I think it'd work for most skintones, although as I'll mention in the next session, a light hand is recommended for some as it's super pigmented!

Formula
As I said, I was very surprised to find the blushes completely different from the READY foundations, because the formula on these are great. Again, they are super pigmented, but they are also really soft and easy to blend on your cheeks. I also found them to last well, perhaps until 3pm or so. I was the most impressed when it didn't resemble any of the foundation's characteristics, like being easily broken down with facial oil and being prone to cakey-ness. It sits so naturally and not powdery at all.

Overall, these get a thumbs up from me!

You can find the bareMinerals READY Blushes for £22 at Debenhams, or some shades including The Aphrodisiac at a £17.99 at Chemist Direct.

Yu

Comments

Popular Posts