July Favourites & Fails 2014


A whole week and a day of delay - I can only apologise (although let's face it, I've done worse). My internet has suddenly taken a turn for the worse, and I was told a full HD video will take 4 days to upload.. not a chance. So unfortunately, here's a non-HD version but hopefully you get the idea! Before we move on to the video, here is a not-so-mini update of what happened in July..

Life..
Life tied itself together in July after 2 difficult years, and it's very exciting to be finally moving on from a very difficult stage in my life! July has therefore been quite relaxed - lots of 'popping out' for a walk or a spot of shopping, joining my amazing friend Ellie in her lunch hour in London Bridge, and after-work drinks - al fresco, of course.

Next week I'll be going home to see my parents and hang out in Japan until late September. It's quite a long time to be away, especially from Ben, but it's probably also the last time in a while where I'll get to spend so long with them as I start a job in October. Expect a lot of Japan make-up hauls coming up ;)

Holidays!
In early July, my friends and I went to Cumbria for a spot of glamping on Drybeck Farm. It was GREAT. We hired a car and drove up on a Thursday. The 6 of us stayed in a yurt, and went swimming in the freezing river, sipped bubbly in the hot tub, took a 5 hour bike ride, I built fire like a true pyro, and we all awww-ed over the piglets and fowl on the farm. I've been a bit of a fail and haven't yet made my vlog nor contents of everyone's make up bags but they're coming, I promise!

Films, Books etc.,
This month's cinema visits were for the Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and the Guardians of the Galaxy. Both were very very good, and I highly recommend either. Although those who prefer to look at Bradley Cooper than to listen to him may be disappointed.. he's a raccoon.

We also visited the Bond in Motion exhibition at the London Film Museum in Covent Garden. As car lovers and 007 lovers, there was lots of ooo-ing and ahh-ing from both Ben and I, and it's triggered a month of making our way through Ben's 007 DVD collection again.. yes, he's got all of them. Twice.

As for books, I finished the latest instalment of Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy and absolutely loved it. I thought I'd hate it, being an avid fan of the last two but it triggered so many emotions in me, more so than the others, and I truly enjoyed it. After catching a bit of a romance bug, I finished The Proposal by Lily Zante, and have skipped over to and started the third of the series, Heart Sync.

Wedding..
A new Wedding Preparations post coming up in the next week, but as a sneak peek? The venue and date is set!

Beauty..
This past month had A LOT of concealers in it, which I mention in the video - the AmazingCosmetics AmazingConcealer and the Dior Diorskin Nude Hydrating Concealer have featured a lot. I also experimented a lot with eyeshadows, and have developed a soft spot for the TooFaced Chocolate Bar Palette and the YSL 5 Colour Palette in Fauve, as well as a craving for the Urban Decay NAKED Basics Palette (yes I am a few years late on the bandwagon, but I've been loving matte looks!).

Do I ever shut my mouth? No. Here's my favourites and fails!

 
 
Yu

Comments

Popular Posts