Review Series: BB Creams/Tinted Moisturisers #1


Clockwise from top left: Pixi, SkinChemists, Nivea, MAC, Bobbi Brown, Bioderma

First things first, the title is deceptive: this post in fact has pretty much every alphabet in the beauty world, including CC creams and DD creams, as well as the mentioned BB creams and tinted moisturiser :)

Despite having acne scarring on my face, as the years go on, I'm more and more curious about the lighter coverage "non-foundations", and this year has been especially successful on that front. Now that it looks like the UK is finally ready for summer (she says, for the 3rd time this year), I imagine many people will be looking for that slightly less heavy base.

Bobbi Brown Original Tinted Moisturiser SPF 15 in Light to Medium Tint (£29 - link here, review here)
I could quite literally go on and on about this one - but I'll keep it nice and short. Last year's summer favourite, this tinted moisturiser gives you the most natural glow with a coverage that is higher than most other tinted moisturiser. It also has an inexplicable ability to blur pores and give you a smoother finish. Super blendable and with gorgeous packaging, this is one of my favourite bases ever!

MAC Studio Moisture Tint SPF 15 in Medium Dark (£21.50 - link here)
This is more for the oilier gals out there, who want a slightly more matte finish. This was my go-to when I had oily skin, because it didn't leave me looking like a chip pan and the higher coverage meant my spots were well covered too. Again, very blendable and definitely not explored enough in the beauty world!

NIVEA Q10 Plus Anti-Wrinkle CC Tinted Day Cream SPF 15 (£10.99 - link here)
This, on the other hand, is definitely for the dry-skinned. For me, it was much too dewy with too much moisture, and with little coverage. I'd recommend this more for people with dryer skin who just want a glowy, light wash over their face, perhaps to give themselves a bit of a tint but there was really no coverage involved here. The skincare qualities would also make this suitable for more mature skin. Probably the most affordable of the lot today as well!

Bioderma Sensibio AR BB Cream with SPF 30 (£14.50 - link here)
The newest addition to the Bioderma line, I didn't have high expectations for this one. But these days, I cannot keep it off my face. It's absolutely brilliant. It gives a natural finish - not too dewy nor matte, and an amazing redness reducing quality. It has a patented technology called ROSACTIV, and normally I shrug these things off as a yellow tinted pigment that just counteracts the red. Not this one - it blends it away like the redness never existed. I was lucky that the shade matched me, but you'll have to refer elsewhere to see if their automatic shade matching technology lives up to their claims.

skinChemists DD Cream with SPF 20 in Medium (£77 - link here)
This one also has a dewy finish and a lighter coverage.  It has a touch more coverage than NIVEA, and the dewiness was more controlled, elegant and not "shiny" (fine line!). I was impressed that despite my combination skin, I wore it as a glowy dewy finish, without looking greasy. This is infused with insane skincare qualities like UVA and UVB protection, ingredients that eliminate free radicals and yummy antioxidants, as well as anti-aging qualities. Again, this is also a better option than the NIVEA for the skincare benefits if you're willing to splash out a bit.

Pixi H2O SkinTint in No2 Nude (£21 - link here)
Last but definitely not least, another one of my best finds this year is this brand new Pixi H2O SkinTint. This has a coverage more like a light foundation, and leaves you with a more glowy-leaning natural finish. What really sets this apart for me, is it reaaaally cools you down. It's like you feel the water on your face, just soaking in. You can read more details about my thoughts here :)

I've heard a lot of raves about the NARS Tinted Moisturiser, and of course the Chantecaille one, both of which flutter in and out of my wishlist! Which tinted moisturisers are your favourite?

Yu

Comments

  1. I think I will be checking out the MAC studio moisture tint for sure! I need as matte as I can get at the moment lol hope your wedding plans are going well :) xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I hope you like it, let me know what you think! Thanks Shahrzad, they're coming along ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts