Haul: Long Time No See, Mr. Drugstore!

It's definitely been a while since I've had a proper look around drugstores as I have recently. STILL being unemployed, the department stores are becoming less and less affordable! And after having a revelation with my VIVO blush crush, I decided to hunt for some gems lurking around the aisles of Boots and Superdrug.. and this is what I came out with :)


It does make me sad that all this cost me less than a foundation I had splurged on a week earlier..


A bit of an on-trend product here, is the 17 Wild Metallic Eyes mousse eyeshadow in Wild Bronze. I've used it once, and it is a gorgeous wash of bronze that kind of creases if you put too much product - it's definitely meant for a sheer effect. I initially wanted all the colours, but after swatching, I may or may not go back for just one more - Wild Nude :)


A necessary purchase was a new topcoat, and while I used to think nothing of spending £6-7 on one, I've now resorted to £4 to save pennies anywhere I can. So I went for Rimmel's trusty 60 Seconds line's Clear polish in 740. My main objective of using a topcoat is the fast drying effect, so I thought this line (that I already have about 3 polishes from!) would be perfect :)


Need I say more? My first tube is on its way out, and with a 3 for 2 currently at Superdrug, I had to repurchase! This is my HG nude lipstick, Rimmel Moisture Renew lipstick in Nude Delight.


Yes, that is a chafing gel - Lanacane Chafing Gel to be exact.. After being told by George that it is a great mattifying primer, I went through the slightly embarassing process of picking it up in front of 5 people in a Boots which is usually empty - I did half think she'd told me about it to put me through it all! :P It hasn't worked wonders yet, but I may be applying too little..

On the bottom there is the infamous L'oreal Super Liner - except I got the wrong shade. I got it in Black Crystals which has glitter in it and is definitely not as black as it should be. However, I bought it to have in my on-the-go make-up bag so not too fussed. Surpised to say that the applicator is quite nice!





My biggest giggle of the haul, is the Rimmel Glam' Eyes eyeshadow quad in 002 Smokey Brun. I'm pretty sure the last drugstore eyeshadow I bought was the Sleek Storm palette in Spring 2010.. so it's been a while! What made me get this was my urge for a high-end eyeshadow palette for on-the-go, which I have been trying to supress until Duty Free when I'm heading off to Japan.. so this is meant to keep me in tact until then. Not to mention, I fell in LOVE with the shades, especially the taupey shade on the left! I love the sleek packaging, but only wish it had a mirror, so it would be more on-the-go friendly!

Anything stand out to you?
What's been your favourite drugstore purchase recently? ENABLE ME! :)

<3yu

Comments

Popular Posts