P-P-Pan, Pan, Pan, Pan!

Always a cause of celebration in my eyes, hitting pan is a big step in a life of a make-up hoarder. It's a bittersweet experience of realising how much you love a product, and the impending good bye. That being said, from experience, the life of a product after pan is often much longer than before pan - so it's not too sad at all in reality - cue celebrations!



These are the four products that I've hit pan on recently, and I thought it would be a great opportunity for me to give reviews on products that I seem to consistently use and go back to. There's nothing more annoying than reviews of products after 1 or 2 uses! So here goes - a quick review of the products in my collection that's been loved through and through ;)

The Body Shop Extra Virgin Minerals Cream Compact
&
Kose Junkisei Powder Foundation


I wont go on too much about my The Body Shop Extra Virgin Minerals Cream Compact, as I have a review and application video on it (clickity click click!) but basically I see it as the poor man's Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. It gives a nice skin-like finish and has a low-medium coverage. It's not quite as smooth or brightening as the Chanel, but for a £20 saving it's not bad!

The Kose Junkisei Powder Foundation was one of my first ever foundations, and the reason why I'm so picky about powder foundation - this stuff set the standards HIGH. It's so finely milled, it has medium-high coverage, and it just so so smooth.. it's a dream to apply. I used to use this as a foundation but these days it's become my powder, as it combats oils well, it's lightweight, and adds a nice level of coverage to my foundation. Absolutely lovely.

HD Brows Palette (Foxy)
&
MAC Blush in Style


I've been using the HD Brows Palette for a while now, and on a day to day basis I only use the colour that's hit pan (Ash Brown) and the darker colour, but in minimal amounts. The reason why I've hit pan is because it's one of the few cool-toned browns for brows - it's so difficult to find one that's really cool enough for darker hair like mine. The consistency is smooth, easy to apply and lasts all day. Job done!

I kid you not, MAC Blush in Style is the first blush I've hit pan on since 2nd year of university. EEK! It's so subtle and glowy, that it goes with literally anything and I imagine, any skintone. I use it with my MAC 109 which picks up a lot of colour so it's perfect for a sheerer blush like this. It's also a frost finish which means you get a gorgeous golden highlight. To me, this blush can do no wrong ;)

Oh I do love hitting pan. It's like you spent your money well, you made a good decision, you found something you love and for once I feel like a normal person who doesn't hoard make-up and hits pan on a regular basis! I always feel like patting past-Yu in the back and saying, good choice love, good choice (crazy lady).

What products have you hit pan on recently?

<3yu

Comments

  1. Congratulations!!! Posts about hitting pan always get me so excited!! :-))
    xoxo
    Blusherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay congrats! I've never hit pan EVER :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I barely every hit pan but it is great to see posts like this where you know the products are really loved! x

    Angelica [One Little Vice]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I don't hit pan often either, which is why it's so exciting haha!

      Delete
  4. I love hitting pan. I totally know what you mean as it being a huge step (and reason to rejoice!) as a makeup hoarder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every time I see Style swatched somewhere, I always think it looks sooo pretty! I might have to pick it up one of these days :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. believe it or not but the Pro Sculpting creams i love them so much! <3

    www.andiijamesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh those look soooo nice! I've been tempting by them multiple times!

      Delete
  7. I always hit the pan on mac powders, they are just amazing

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh the MSFs? I've seen quite a few people hit pan on those, I hardly ever hit pan on powders!

      Delete
  8. Just made me want style! I've just hit pan on a cream blush and it feels great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh it's so pretty, you have to swatch it! :) Ooo which cream blush is that?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts