The Face Box.

Although my past attempts at Project 15 Pan have fallen short, I always still have the goal of finishing products on the back of my mind. You also get to know yourself in terms of what you're willing to do, and what you will never do.

For example, I've learnt that I can't go cold turkey. If I like a product, I can force myself to use it everyday but anything less is futile - so I don't bother trying to force myself and wait until I naturally want to use it! Considering my need to wear something different everyday has dwindled, I've instead started throwing things in a box that I wear everyday in attempt to finish some products off.




My first step is always the Hardy Candy Sheer Envy Primer. This is one I'm trying to use up, but only because I'm trying to minimise down to one primer. I really actually like this primer and can highly recommend it. It's been separating recently because of how long I've been using it so it may be in the bin in a few days, but I find it a favourite to mix with my Illamasqua Rich Liquid foundation.

Apologies for banging on about my dry skin, but that would be the reason why my foundation of choice has been the YSL Touche Eclat Foundation in B50. This is really lightweight, doesn't matte out my skin as it catches the light nicely, it hydrates and adapts really well to my skintone.

The MAC Studio Finish concealer has been pushed aside for a more hydrating liquid formula of Maybelline's Age Rewind Concealer in Medium. Sadly, this isn't available in the UK but fear not as I find this isn't as flawless as many people say. I can't deny its hydrating powers and I love how it doesn't dry matte, but I still find correcting to be more effective under my eyes. Which is why this has been great for blemishes and redness, but I sometimes find it dries a bit patchy!

As usual, my undereye circles have been helped by the Bobbi Brown Correcter in Peach. I've found that while this does well in covering the circles, there's a really specific way of applying it that makes it work well. I still think it's quite heavy for the undereyes but it's almost gone!

My brows are always filled with my HD Brows Palette in Foxy. The ashy shade just matches my brows perfectly - I've hit pan on this actually!

To bring more light to my skin, I've been dabbing on some MAC Cream Coloured Base in Hush on my cheek bones with my finger. It's stunning and I can't believe I haven't used this in ages! It really catches the light and gives you a nice sheen. I've been preferring this to my Dior Amber Diamond, as I haven't been wearing any powder and the MAC is slightly less shimmery than the Dior.

MAC Fix+ is my newest addition to my collection and so far I've liked it but haven't found it as useful as I thought I would! I bought it because I used to think YSL Touche Eclat Foundation wasn't long-lasting, so I'd powder then pop on some MAC Fix+, but my skin is that dry that the foundation hasn't been sliding anywhere!

As usual, MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre has been my staple eyeshadow primer. 


I was trying to use up my L'Oreal Telescopic Waterproof Mascara, because it's just not my favourite. It's a fantastic mascara and if it wasn't for the Maybelline Volum' Express Hyper Curl Cat Eyes mascara, I would be swearing by it. But with my new lash extensions, I haven't been wearing mascara and this has gone in the bin since.

On the corner there is my favourite cream eyeliner - the Clinique Brush On Cream Liner in 02 True Black. I always loved it for its blackness, its longevity and how long its stayed moist for (have had this for a year now!). But it truly truly impressed me when I accidentally left it open for a few hours, and it didn't effect its performance at all. This stuff means serious business.

I just can't seem to keep my hands off two blushes, and the first is the MAC Style. It just gives a lovely peach glow to my skin, with a nice golden sheen. It's not the most pigmented so it's best used with something dense like a MAC 109, but because it isn't, it lets your skin show through, giving it that natural-looking quality that a lot of matte MAC blushes lack. Otherwise, I've been using the Liz Earle* blush which you can read more about here.

Before my lash extensions, my eyelashes were curled by the Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers. Nothing has changed since it won my Product of the Year 2011! :)

Lastly, on its last legs is the Rimmel Sunshimmer Bronzer in Medium Matte. It's been crushed for ease of use and bless it - it's still going strong! It's turning a bit orange for me as my skin pales out with the weather, but it's still a great budget bronzer :)


So that's my face box in the past few weeks!

Any favourites?
What do you do to use up your make-up?

<3yu

Facebook * Twitter * YouTube
*Received for consideration.

Comments

  1. I adore Mac Fix+! Become part of my daily makeup routine

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just hit pan on my HD brow kit as well.

    I hit it on the lower two brown shades as I tend to use up both depending on whether I'm wearing a fringe or not. Personally i love your idea for a Face Box, I might put one together just so Im not searching for my foundation or eyebrow pencil in the mornings

    Epiphannie A: Had an epiphannie yet?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts