Launching! Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Perfectly Nude Make Up & Correcting and Highlighting Perfector

At the risk of stating the obvious - I KINDA like foundations. As such I get pretty freaking excited when there's a pending launch of a new formula, never mind when I'm invited to test it out before it hits the market, (that being said, this post is more to tell you guys about what's coming up rather than a review) so I felt pretty privileged to be able to bring you this post.

The foundation in question is the Flawless Finish Perfectly Nude Foundation - Elizabeth Arden's first venture into liquid foundations since their relaunch last year. Along with this foundation, the brand are releasing the Flawless Finish Correcting and Highlighting Perfector. Red alert for those who like the sheer and luminous finish - you might not want to miss this.





This foundation's aim was to solve the top three concerns women face when it comes to foundations:

1) Will it have adverse effects on my skin?
2) It feels heavy on my skin
3) There isn't the right shade for me

Skincare Benefits
Elizabeth Arden's new motto, "make-up that does more" speaks for itself. With ingredients like carob seed extract and wild mushroom extract, which help to preserve skin moisture and hydration, vitamins C and E to protect the skin from environmental damages and of course the SPF 15 - this is sure to be one of the better foundations in terms of skincare. 

Shade Range
The product comes in 20 shades - which may not seem a lot at first, but for the brand, it's a massive improvement! In addition, Elizabeth Arden is the first high end skincare line to create an electronic shade matcher like No7 - it's called the Elizabeth Arden Foundation Shade Match Maker, and will be a complimentary service at all counters from February 2014.

The one I have in the photo is Beige 13, which is a pale, pink toned shade.



Did anyone rub their eyes to check they weren't looking at the YSL Touche Eclat? I get that - on first glance, they're incredibly similar. However, the concept is completely different.

The Flawless Finish Correcting and Highlighting Perfector leans much more on the concealer side than the Touche Eclat, and is suitable for blemishes, fine lines and redness as well as for dark circles. The converage is light-to-medium, and the formula is relatively hydrating but not as "wet" as liquid highlighters - thereby confirming that it's also a concealer. I have the shade 2 which is a little bit pale for my NC25 skintone, so I use it as a highlighter and it gives a really nice, natural highlight - not shimmer or sheen, but a nice light tint to bring out the high points of my face.

The concealer also contains the wu zhu yu plant to enhance brightness, moisturisers and emollients and vitamin E for antioxidants.

Overall, I think these are pretty exciting launches that are in line with a lot of women's demands when it comes to foundation - how they address the three concerns, I think, is really very cool. Although I haven't been able to do a full road test yet, I'm very excited to do so in the next few weeks! Oh, and need I mention the GORGEOUS packaging? I wouldn't have associated gorgeous packaging with the pre-relaunched Elizabeth Arden, but these are stunning!

The Flawless Finish Perfectly Nude Make Up and the Flawless Finish Perfectly Nude Make Up will be available for £28/£23 respectively. They will launch exclusively at Debenham's from the 18th of January, and will be available nationwide from the 19th of February.

<3yu

Comments

  1. Sounds fab! I like the packaging too, very glam! The concealer pen look amazing and sounds even better than the YSL touch eclat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this sounds very nice. THe packaging is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely was reminded of YSLs Touche Elcat! It does sound like it would be much better for my skin type!

    http://abigailalicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds AMAZING, I will definitely be trying this out!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts