Launching Today! Bodhi Desert Rose Face Oil

A few weeks back I had the pleasure of being invited by Jayne to the product launch of Bodhi at the gorgeous Les Senteurs perfumery. Bodhi is a young brand who centre their products around plants and "bodhi" - or "enlightenment". There I met the lovely brand creator Elijah, who will be launching his first skincare product, Desert Rose Rejuvenating Face Oil on their website today.


Desert Rose is a face oil (durr) targeted for dry and dehydrated skin, but it also has anti-aging qualities that make this especially suitable for more mature women. Although I say "durr", it can also be used on cuticles and as a massage oil. The key is to massage it upwards into your face after your serum, and before your moisturiser. The product claim is to leave you with glowy, radiant, refined and toned skin.

Ingredients include damask rose otto from Bulgaria, neroli oil from Tunisia, myrrh from Somalia and sandalwood from Australia - this thing should have a passport of its own! In fact, this oil is so concentrated it has approximately 320 roses in this one 30mL bottle

Photograph by Garazi Gardner

So what are my first impressions?

First things first, I was impressed with the ethics. This product has no parabens, silicones, petrochemicals nor synthetic colours or fragrances, and is also not tested on animals. The packaging is made from recycled papers, and what's most impressive is that the ingredients are ethically sourced in a sustainable manner.

Good start ey?

The product itself smells unbelievably gorgeous, and so relaxing. I'm not a big fan of rose products usually, because most of the time I think they smell synthetic and too sweet. However, you can tell the pure quality of this by how natural and gorgeous the rose components smell. Offset with the other herbally botanical scents, this product is not one to be missed by us major sniffers out there.



The consistency is so smooth and light, and definitely nothing to fear for the oilier skinned folks out there. I find that it does sink in nicely to a certain extent, but that it leaves enough residue on the skin to take care of the outer layers of your face too. Sometimes I find this residue can be a tad more than I'd usually prefer.

I've currently been using it for the night time, and have found that it really nourishes the dry patches of my skin around my nose, on the outside corners of my mouth, and in between my eyebrows. Definitely a good call for dry skintypes!

However, the night is young and I haven't tried this product enough to give you a full review - but hopefully the above gave you a bit of insight!

Then why write about it?

I usually don't do product launch/press release-y type posts, but I wanted to let you guys know about this because:

1) I've really come to enjoy the brand, especially their Ylang Ylang Incensa Sensual Bath & Shower Therapy.
2) they are kicking off their launch with an introductory price of £46 until the 31st of September, when the price will go back up to the RRP of £56.

Yes, it's pricey. But I think if you have that kind of money to spend, this is a fantastic option. Not only because of the high-quality ingredients, but because of the lack of horrible chemicals that we all may well have to pay for in the future. If you're going to put something on your face, don't go for the stuff filled with gasoline and tar. As far as my limited knowledge of ingredients goes - this oil has the goods. The list goes something like this:

"Argan oil, kukui oil, jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, wheatgerm oil, rose hip oil, strawberry seed oil, evening primorose oil, Bugarian Damask rose otto oil, neroli bitter orange flower oil, Australian sandalwood oil, myrrh oil, tocopherol.."

And the rest are parts that come naturally from essential oils. I kid you not.


Who would I recommend this to?

At the moment, I can only really recommend it to those with dry, dehydrated patches or skintypes because my experience with it isn't long. But even as a combination-skinned person, I've been enjoying this product on non dry areas for a relaxing treatment that really nourishes my skin. That being said, I don't see as significant effects on parts that aren't dry or dehydrated.

If you don't have those issues, this is a luxury product. If you do, I think it'll be a winner!

Hopefully in the next few weeks, I will start seeing the tangible results on other areas too!

 Have you tried Bodhi products?
What are your thoughts on face oils?

You can get Bodhi body products on their online shop and stockists including CutECOsmetics.
After the Bodhi website, the Desert Rose will be launching on the 1st of September elsewhere. 

<3yu

Facebook * Twitter * YouTube
*Received for consideration; PR Event.

Comments

  1. Thanks for providing great information on your website and blogs regarding the excellent uses of Rose Face Oil and its involvement in aromatherapy process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great in depth review. I love oils for the face. I can see why this is so expensive those are all amazing oils for the skin. This is so out of my price range to be a part of my regular skin care routine but the ingredients list is definitely inspiring and reminding me to buy some natural oils like argan and jojoba for use on the face. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why but I'm too scared to use face oils :(
    please have a look at my blog - I'm new :)
    http://raybeautygeek.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! :) I use facial oil a lot... I think it's really beneficial for the skin :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My skin is sensitive and Im tempted to go for this truly organic oil but I'll be waiting to hear your complete review on this.

    best clip on human hair extensions

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts