Project Eyebrows & a FOTD!

My eyebrows have literally gone through thick and thin - I started plucking when I was about 12, and between about 16 and 20, peaking on 18, I had no eyebrows and thought it looked perfectly fine! Now I look back on it and am a bit like.. "what on earth".

So since about April-ish of 2011, I've slowly been reshaping and growing out my eyebrows, into a shape I see a lot on Japanese and Korean celebrities. I figured my eyebrows grow in such a different way from the Western celebrities I'm used to seeing, that I should "go back to my roots", shall we say, and make them into a shape that complements my features better :)

This winter I took the opportunity of this holiday back home to enforce a bit of a (terrifying) no-pluck rule! I did have to a little bit as I went to Australia, and have seen a few friends, but the end result is just about getting there. They still look a bit unruly, bit uneven, there's lots of gaps that are still being pencilled in but hey - we have to start somewhere! :P


At the moment, I've been using Benefit's InstantBrow pencil in Medium, which is a really soft, waxy pencil with a brush on the end. Not gonna lie, not my favourite. It goes blunt way too easily, it's not super pigmented, and it's just a little bit sticky (which would be good if you wanted the flat, glued on look.. or if you had lots of hairs!). But hey, I bought it and I'm going to use it :P My favourites to date has been the CANMAKE Brow Kit, ELF Studio Brow Kit and the Clinique Superfine Liner for Brows - the last being my ultimate favourite for defining brows! As you can see I like my brows to be a little bit lighter than my dark hair, so my black eyebrows stick out a bit. I'm hoping to rectify that with a brow mascara, but the ones I see here seem to all be quite light - any suggestions? I'm thinking of trying the MAC Brow Set in the darkest shade. I'd also like a pencil that is a bit harder but not too pigmented either..


Here they are with the rest of my face - not too bad I'm hoping? Hahaha, anyway here's what I'm wearing:

Face:
Maquillage White Repair Essence Base UV
Koh Gen Do Water Foundation in OC1
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC35
Bobbi Brown Correcter in Peach
Bourjois Compact Powder in Miel Dore 73
CANMAKE Shading Powder in 02
NARS Orgasm Blush

Eyes:
Benefit InstantBrow Pencil in Medium
MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre
UD Sin, UD Naked, UD Buck
Clinique Gel Eyeliner in 02 True Black
Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers
Covergirl Lashblast Volume
Avon Supershock Gel Eyeliner in Black

Lips:
MAC Faerie Glen Lipstick

This is probably the most make-up I've worn in the past 2 and a half weeks - MADNESS!

Hope your new year has been off to an amazing start! I'm off back to the UK tomorrow morning - I always hate leaving after winter because I'm always gone atleast half a year every time I do! But I'm coming back with a new camera, so hope you are looking forward to clearer pictures (and dealing with me learning how to use the bad boy :P)!

<3yu

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts