REN Rosa Centifolia 3-in-1 Cleansing Water

REN is a blogger-favourite brand. Micellar waters are the beauty industry equivalent of the "best thing since sliced bread". So what happens when the two marry up? Unfortunately, nothing spectacular.


Let's start with how I use this - I use it in the mornings if I don't have time to do a full cleanse. I wipe down with this, and it removes whatever decided to latch on over the night. This is something I do with other micellar waters, but I think this might takeover as the only product I'll use for doing so because frankly.. I can't use it for anything else.

The one thing that made me strike it off completely as a make-up remover is that it stings your eyes. In this day in age, you can't be expected to use a separate eye make-up remover from your face, it's just too old school. Not only that, I don't have the most sensitive of eyes, and I was absolutely STREAMING.

However, the formula itself really isn't that great at removing make-up - which is why I really only use it when I'm not wearing make up (bizarre). I think it moves make-up rather than REmoves it and it doesn't leave a particularly nice finish because of that - a bit sticky and grimey. My skin doesn't feel refreshed at all.

So who do I think it'll work for? Errm, at a stretch, maybe people who don't wear eye make-up and wear lighter foundations. And for people like me who get lazy in the mornings! However, I've also recently received feedback on someone that enjoys this product who wears heavier base make up, and she likes to use it as a first step at removing make-up, then following up with a thorough cleanse.

The packaging is great, and the smell is of lovely, genuine rose and I can't fault REN for either of that. But overall, I'm really disappointed with this product and more disappointed that I'm writing this review. And although I got this as a sample, I know this is something I would've considered in the future to purchase myself because of my past experience with REN so it's really quite sucky (technical term). If you love this product, I'd love to hear from you to know what I'm missing out on :)

<3yu

Comments

Popular Posts