1 October 2012

Launching Today! Liz Earle Botanical Essence No.15 EDP

I'm sure there's hardly anyone on the bloggosphere who has never had the scents of Liz Earle grace their vanity or their bathroom. I personally loved the smell of her Hot Cloth Cleanser - it was so unique, so down to earth and pretty at the same time.

So I'm pleased to announce that there is a new Liz Earle perfume that will be joining her original award-winning perfume, No.1 (which I haven't had a sniff of yet, bad Yu), and that the brand new No.15 does not disappoint in any way, shape or form.

Liz Earle Botanical Essence No.15 Eau de Parfum (50mL)


Firstly, the packaging is exquisite yet down-played - one of those that you never want to chuck. It's adorned with graphics of the scents included in the perfume, and is a magnetised folding box that is easy enough to open should you wish to keep your perfume in it. It's very classy, and very vanity and travel friendly. It would be excellent for a Christmas gift - or any other gift, for that matter.

What's more, inside you will find the names of the plant illustrations used for the scents, as well as some information about the perfume itself. The slot for the product is covered in a suede-y material - very luxurious but not over the top.


The same can be said about the actual bottle. It's very different from No1, but very in sync with the rest of her range - a matte, earthy beige-white with a slightly rubbery texture, that without the feminine glass lid, would be quite unisex and plain. It's elegant, feminine and simple. Absolutely stunning.


The scent - it's exactly what the bottle hints it will smell like. Elegant and composed - but not quite so simple. It's quite oriental and spicy, with a dominant scent of what I assume is bergamot, cedarwood and patchouli (ashamed to say I'm not quite sure what these smell like exactly!). I can also smell strong undertones of the cinnamon and rose, and for those of you who know scents quite well, this is what Liz Earle says:


"Feminine tones of pink pepper, cinnamon and bergamot create a spiciness that is beautifully sexy and skin-like. A hint of captivating Damask rose and sandalwood wrap you a rich feminine sensuality while the almond and caramel-like qualities of tonka bean and Bourbon vanilla cocoon you in softness and warmth. Beautiful amber musk combined with cypriol and cedarwood creates a clean, fresh undertone."


For me, this is a very fresh yet spicy scent - one that's aimed for perhaps women over 30, but also appropriate for younger people in more official situations. In fact, I think it's also suitable for men - the boyfriend agrees! I say this because it has no sweet tones at all, and I find that often denotes a more 'fun' or 'youthful' image. Therefore it's not really a celebratory scent, but very professional, understated yet elegant. I think I'll get the most use of this for meetings, interviews and other situations where I want to smell nice, but not let it overpower my image. If you want to be taken seriously, basically, this is a good scent to choose! (Not that Lady Million means looney, that scent is gorge!)

As ever, Liz Earle has stuck with her ethics, making this product both 90% natural and animal-friendly. I don't know enough about perfumes to know what common ingredients are animal-derived, but this is something I'll be recommending to my vegetarian friends (you know a few when you studied human rights!).


Overall, I'm very impressed and glad to have this in my collection. I think it's unique and unlike anything I have, but something anyone (including men!) could find a use for. I highly recommend giving this a sniff because, especially if you are in your early 20's, this could fill in a gap in your collection. And more than anything, it's just a really nicely presented and nicely executed scent!

Liz Earle Botanical Essence No.15 EDP launches today and will retail for £45 for 50mL.

Will you be giving this a sniff?
Have you given No1 a go?

<3yu

*Received for consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment