It's a New Fave

If there's one thing I never thought I'd say, it would be that a new favourite in 2013 would be a mascara out of all things. Dead set on the Maybelline Hyper Curl Cat Eyes Volum' mascara (granted I need to get mine from Japan), I hardly ever bothered with trying new ones. So imagine my surprise at the curl-holding, fanning-out, volumising qualities of the Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes Waterproof Mascara.



For me, curl-holding is the most important quality. While I have decent length lashes, they are one of the few things that are more stubborn than myself - so in addition to needing a good curl from my trusty MAC Eyelash Curler, I pretty much need liquid cement to keep those reaching sky-high. The amazing thing about the Hypnose Doll Eyes Waterproof is that despite being able to do that, your lashes stay soft and unlike, well, cement.

The wand's shape is also great for reaching the corners, and I love the little tapered bit that is really good for getting to the roots and the lower lashes. In the past, all my favourites mascaras have had plastic wands, so I was pleasantly surprised that I was falling in love with a traditional brush!

In retrospect, the Maybelline mascara took me this far and that was enough for me - give me my curl-holding and I'll do a little jig. But Hypnose Doll Eyes goes a step further and fans out the lashes while giving it some decent volume, and I suppose that's where the drama truly lies.

Maybelline didn't pick up on many of the little lashes and it also didn't do too much to add volume to individual hairs either - at just under a tenner with the exchange rate though, I couldn't complain and it's one of a kind. But the Hypnose truly delivers that extra £10.

Eep! I still can't help but feel a little bit blasphemous.

You can purchase the Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes Mascara for £21 at Boots.

<3yu

Comments

  1. Love Lancome mascara xx

    http://yougottabegorgeousx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lancome is my swearby brand when it comes to mascaras. I have tried this one and i loved how the shape of the wand makes application so much easier. However, i still find that the original Hypnose waterproof gives a better overall finish~ It's great to know you've discovered a new Fave and its readily available at boots :) I still haven't found an alternative thats better than my Hyponose WP mascara.

    Thanks for posting. I hope you have a great day and a Happy new year! ^^

    *- YingcBeauty-*
    X x X x X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been pondering trying this for ages, so great to see such a good review. Another one for the wish list!

    Gem xx flutterandsparkle.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts