Tips! A Way Around No Pump Foundations

It really saddens me when I see people being put off foundation because there's no pump - sure, packaging can help how much you like a foundation but at the end of the day it has to be about formula. There are some great foundations out there like the Estee Lauder Doublewear, MAC Studio Fix Fluid, Revlon Colorstay and the new Nearly Naked that have achieved cult status, but are cast in a negative light as having no pump.

I personally don't see the lack of a pump as negative - in fact, I've struggled more with pumps than without pumps! The MAC Prolongwear Concealer and the Benefit Stay Don't Stray are prime examples of useless pumps because on many occasions, one pump is just too much and you can't control how much comes out.

Also, the reason why companies sometimes don't add pumps is because it's inappropriate for the formula and will cause more troubles in the long run - some of the foundations I mentioned above are renowed for drying quickly into a matte, powder finish. Imagine that in a pump - you wont have the pump for long!


Anyway, so how do I get around this, and learn to love a lack of a pump, you ask? It's simple.

1. Hold your finger on the opening.
2. Tip the bottle upside down.
3. Dot what's on your fingers on your face!
4. Repeat! (and wipe off excess on your jaw..)

I know it sounds simple, but I didn't think of it until I saw TiffanyD use this method for her NARS Sheer Glow. This allows not only for tidiness, but for control on how much you apply - it's easier to add than it is to take away!

I often use the 'chicken pox' method (sexy!) and just dot it around my face starting with areas where I need the most product. After that, the Cosmopolitan Beauty Blender or the MAC 187 is excellent for getting that even application. It allows for foundation to not bunch up in one area and be blended from there!

Have a go, and open yourself up to the world of pump-less foundations ;)

<3yu

Comments

  1. Honestly I havent had a lot of experience with pump foundations so it doesn't bother me when there isn't one. Great tip, thank you for sharing it. Her youtube videos are always so helpful

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never used a pump foundation till recently and I don't find it adds that much. And yes! Quite often I end up with way too much product with a pump :( never good. People need to realise that a foundation without a pump isn't that big a deal. Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea I think in some foundations, the pump really doesn't help!

      Delete
  3. This is what I do as well Yu! I thought it was common sense! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tip! Sometimes I prefer no pump bottles since lots of pumps end up being defective :/ plus you get more out of a regular opening = more bang for your buck! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great tips, I hate when the foundation has no pump!

    A little bit Unique

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always done this, this is why I never understood why people complain so much about this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah, I just wanted to post it in case people hadn't thought to use it this way :)

      Delete
  7. I have just dispensed the foundation onto the back of my hand or removed the foundation with a cotton bud :)


    ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always had trouble controlling how much of Revlon Colorstay I use because of the no-pump problem, but I am gonna give this a go. Thanks for the tip!

    x Court
    http://madeinmarcelle.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts