Graduation OOTD/FOTD (& Some Mulberry Lovin'..) :)

I must admit, this graduation was much less emotional than my high school graduation, but it was a day to share my university experience with my parents who was never able to visit me during my time there. I got to see my coursemates who I admittedly didn't spend too much time with bar 2 or 3, and I guess most relevant to my blog is that I got to dress up ;).

Lisa & I :)
Credit: Lisa's Dad :D

Yes, I realise my dress is 90% under the gown - but it's a beige dress from Debenham's, with a really cool collar that was completely lost in this ridiculous gown! The shoes were suede-ish red heels from Dorothy Perkins. I also got my hair done at a lovely hairdressers in Stratford-upon-Avon.

For my face, I went for a natural look, and here is what I wore:

Face:
Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation in RF233
Hard Candy Sheer Envy Primer
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC35
Bobbi Brown Corrector in Peach
Bourjois Compact Powder in 73 Miel Dore
NARS Blush in Luster

Eyes:
Clinique Super Fine Liner for Brows in 03 Deep Brown
MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre
MAC Eyeshadow in Patina
MaxFactor False Lash Effect Mascara
UNE SkinGlow Pencil in G07

Lips:
17 Mirror Shine Lipstick in Beehive


BA Sociology Class of '11 :)
Credit: Lisa's Dad! :D


So all in all it was a lovely day - it wasn't sentimental or exciting as it was left way too long after exams! But I had a really enjoyable day, being nervous about tripping, taking photos, catching up with coursemates, and just with everyone there in one place :) My mom, dad and grandma, I assume, were happy to be there, and us four and Ben all went to dinner afterwards at a Chinese which was lovely!


Aaaaaaand, the gift I bought myself, as promised in the previous post.. :)

Mulberry Locked Cosmetic Purse in Oak

My first self-purchased designer brand item :) I've been carrying it around absolutely EVERYWHERE as both a pouch inside a bigger bag, and as a clutch. It fits everything - powder, lipbalm/lipsticks, blotting paper, painkillers, camera, phone - it's REALLY deceiving, and needless to say - PERFECT! :) I'm not sure I'll ever need another clutch/pouch/make-up bag!


I love the little embossed Mulberry logos, but the bird CRACKED me up! To be honest, the buying part was an experience - it was me, stood in the Knightsbridge shop with my boyfriend, uhm-ing and ah-ing. I decided to take the plunge when I realised that if I walked out of the shop without it, I wouldn't be pleased that I saved money - I'd be gutted that I didn't get what I've wanted for so long!

The woman who sold it to me wasn't amazing - she was sweet, but in the process of explaining aftercare, she decided to mention that it was made out of calf skin - who wants to hear that?! I felt like a murderer for about 5 minutes after that, even considering reversing the purchase despite not being an anti-leather person, vegetarian, or a vegan by any stretch of the imagination.

Anyway, after that, the attaching of the unnecessary bird commenced, which very much reminded me of the scene with Rowan Atkinson in Love Actually - I was twitching to not start laughing, as was Ben from what I could tell :P


Despite setting me back quite a bit, I haven't spent a second regretting it. It's perfect, my pride and joy, and something I intend on using and cherishing forever! :) Strangely this has made me want to save, not so much in the way of - crap, I've spent so much, but mostly in the sense that it feels REALLY good to spend money on something you absolutely adore, rather than buying cheap bits and bobs that you may or may not like. And thus commences my saving for my next Mulberry lust.. the Chocolate Bayswater.

Anyone felt like that before? :)

Anyway.. that was a long rambly post! Hope you guys enjoyed it anyway :)

<3yu

Comments

Popular Posts