What's New from Pixi Beauty






Here's some newness coming your way from the American brand, Pixi Beauty. Alongside a few new nailpolish colours and brow products (links here) they've also released the new Mesmerizing Mineral Palettes (£12 - link here), Shea Butter Lip Balm (£8 - link here) and my absolute favourite of the moment, the H2O Skin Tint (£21 - link here). Here are my initial thoughts..

Mesmerizing Mineral Palette in Emerald Gold
The green instantly grasped my attention, and I am pleased to report that this eyeshadow performs as well as all the other Pixi powder eyeshadows I've tried. It's super pigmented, very soft and lasts well on the lids. If my pick is not to your taste, I imagine the Copper Peach would be the first pick for many of you!

There's also something about the vertical shape of the palette that's really intriguing. I also love that it's so slim and compact, that it'll be easy to take with you anywhere. The variety of light to dark shades also makes it great for a day-to-night palette. Unlike many other brands, the free eyeshadow applicator that comes with this palette is a nice rubbery foam, which grasps colour beautifully.

Shea Butter Lip Balm in Pixi Pink
This super pigmented lip balm will be a go-to this summer. It smells like vanilla, and applies smoothly on your lips. Quite standard in terms of packaging and texture, but the colours are much more pigmented than what you'd expect from most tinted lip balms. I struggled to choose between this gorgeous hot pink and the cherry-toned pink of Ripe Raspberry.

What's also great about this formula is that it can be used as a cream blusher. I haven't tried this yet, but I really like the idea of tying your look together with the same shade on your lips and cheeks.

H2O Skin Tint in Nude
Ffjdkslfjdsfklds. I seriously cannot get over the sheer amazingness of this H2O Skin Tint. Being more of a medium/full coverage gal, I didn't think this would provide enough coverage but I was so so wrong. This is a water-based gel textured product, that is like a low/buildable foundation in coverage, but a tinted moisturiser in texture. It's so light, that you'll forget you've got anything on, and it will give you the most natural finish, that still looks lit-from-within with a finishing powder. Because of its gel and water base, it's also really hydrating and very cooling on the skin. It's up there with Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua as my base pick for the coming summer months!

Buff it in with something like Real Technique's Buffing Brush for an easy, yet polished finish.

Yu

Comments

  1. Pixi is such a lovely brand, I really want to try so many things from them! Love the look of the lip balm :)

    Abby | Beauty and a Blogger

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts