Elemis Freshskin Peachy Perfect Gentle Face Wash

Although face washes seem to be a standard thing, I've struggled finding one that I like. Not only do I need it to clean my face (granted I do remove make-up before face wash), I need it to not contribute to my oily t-zone and to reduce my under-the-skin acne - my main prerequisites for a working face wash (and it's surprising how many don't make a difference!) Beyond those three, it'd be nice if it could help brighten some existing acne scarring, minimise my pores, oh, and be paraben/SLS free. Surprisingly, such a thing seems to exist for me, and that's the Elemis Freshskin Peachy Perfect Gentle Face Wash.



In terms of consistency, it's your bog basic gel face wash that lathers quite nicely, and the packaging is sturdy and what have you - it's all quite standard. However, what is beyond standard is the ingredients and the effects.

The ingredients are impressive - no parabens, SLS, SLES, DEA, mineral oils, artificial colours nor silicones. As with most of the nasties-free products I rave about, you could not tell the difference in the ease of use, but you will have the ease of mind :)

The effects are stunning. The Freshkin range is generally for teenagers to those in their 20's and as I do very much still have normal/combination skin and hormonal acne, this range seems to be perfect for me. Since using this face wash, my acne has significantly reduced in number and frequency (especially those pesky hormonal, under-the-skin ones), and my pores are much less noticeable. I also find that after using this, my skin is much brighter, spots are less red and my acne scarring are lighter and heals much faster.

The thing that I also liked about this face wash is that it doesn't leave your skin tight and it hasn't affected the amount of oil that my skin produces. It's neither oilier nor drier, so I think it's worth a go for anyone. I personally find it much easier to use other methods than face washes to control oil/hydration.

So there you have it - a winner in my books. Although compared to the Murad Time Release Acne Cleanser, this is much less hardcore, it's also less than half the price and doesn't include a lot of the nasties Murad uses. It's a tough call as effects are important but this is a perfect alternative if you are short on dosh, don't want the nasties or don't have as severe a problem with acne as other people.

I always use this in the morning as it's refreshing but at night I use something slightly heavy duty and more moisturising, and having used it for almost 2 months I can say that it does keep up its initial performances and it's not too badly priced at £12. Although I did have high hopes for a gorgeous peachy smell, unfortunately this has a much more subtle, herbally sweet scent - which I can't say I absolutely adore but I'll deal with, as the effects are so worth it :)

Have you tried the Elemis Freshskin range?
What's your favourite face wash?

<3yu
* Received for consideration

Comments

  1. Ooh this sounds nice! I may have to give it a go as my morning cleaser - especially as it doesn't have all the nasties in :) I'm currently using the Dermalogica fresh start gel cleanser, which has definitely improved my skin massively but is (I feel) a bit strong to use twice a day. Thank you so much for the review! Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I know what you mean, this one feels gentle definitely appropriate for twice a day :)

      Delete
  2. Nice review. I have never heard of this brand before. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! Elemis are a British skincare brand, their apricot toner is very popular! :)

      Delete
  3. This sounds like a great cleanser, especially with the results you described. I've never noticed any noticeable differences using one cleanser to the other but I may try this out! Thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it if you decide to give it a shot! :)

      Delete
  4. Yay I can comment! Firstly, I love your blog!! I have super sensitive skin which can't handle parabens and SLS so all of these reviews are super helpful. At the moment I'm using Origins Dr Andrew Wells Mega Mushroom (not a huge fan as its mega greasy but its mediocre I guess) and Origins Zero Oil Cleanser which is amazing, lovely smelling and lathers like a dream.
    I'm going to keep an eye out for this! Did you buy it online? I don't think they stock this in Australia! :(
    Paris xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha aww thank you :) I'm a fan of Origins too! I didn't buy it online, but I'm sure there are retailers, have you checked out Feel Unique?

      Delete
  5. This sounds amazing, I am definitely going to try this!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely need to pick this up! I'm the same Yu, I've struggled for a while to get a nice face wash

    A little bit Unique

    x

    Oh and I'm running a giveaway, if you want to pop over and have a nosey! Click here


    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts