Berlin! & Haul :)

I missed you guys!

If you were with me on my birthday, you know that my lovely boyfriend treated me to a few days in Berlin last week - it was AMAZING. I fell in love with the city and the people, and the history has always intrigued me - I did a class on the Cold War, a class on human rights, and I'm doing a degree in human rights so you can imagine how ecstatic and nerdy I was while I was there! :)

Brandenburg Gate

 Schloss Charlottenberg

Inside of the German History Museum - for H :P

 Jewish Memorial

Me & the Ampelmann (Stoplight man!) :)

 Guess what I found in the German History Museum! :P

Nom nom piggy choc. 

The Sony Center

Perving on Cold War historic icons..?

One of the messages on the Berlin Wall.

We also went to the Reichstag, the cathedral, the Kaiser Wilhelm Gedachtniskirche church, the German History Museum, the Topography of Terror museum, Checkpoint Charlie, a huge chocolate shop and so much more :)

To make it relevant to this blog, I'll pop up a video on my city-break make-up bag as well as post some pictures of the mini-haul I did while I was there - I skipped on Duty Free and went straight for the Germany-exclusive goodies! :)


These goodies are from the Niveahaus, which is pretty much a big store full of Nivea goodies that only exist in Berlin, Hamburg and Dubai. I love Nivea as a skincare brand, so went for some face products! :)

Ideal Finish Foundation in 04 Sand
Stay Real Blush in Shades of Rose
Pure&Natural Colours Powder in 07 Caramel

I also got the classic tin lotion, and they gave me the bag, sample deodorant and sun gel as a gift!


Another stop we made was KaDeWe, which is the biggest department store in Europe, and I stopped by the ArtDeco stand which was recommended to me by my friend. I skipped straight to the palette-making section, as I love customizing anything - and ArtDeco has space for blushers too!


This is the palette I made. As you can see, BIG mirror that I used for my whole face. Here is what I put in:

Blush in 19 - Peach, satin finish.
Eyeshadow in 208 - Plummy, brown, frost finish.
Eyeshadow in 45 - Dirty forest green, frost finish.
Eyeshadow in 391 - Aqua blush, shimmery finish.

Sorry for the poor pictures - I was just too anxious to make a post, even if it was getting dark ;P

I also got 2 things in Manchester before we left for Berlin - but I'm sure you will hear about them in the future! :) They are the UNE Skin Glow Eyeliner Pencil and a MAC lipstick in Vegas Volt, which I am wearing here:


I had an absolutely AMAZING time, and just wanna pop in a big soppy thank you to my boyfriend for taking me there and introducing me to a great city (and letting me browse make up!) - even if he does overcompensate when I ask him to smile in pics.. ;)

Anyone else been to Berlin? :)

<3yu

Comments

Popular Posts